LACE AND FLORAL STYLED SHOOT

 
Here's a photographer after my own heart!  Meet Maggie Fortson.  This Chicago-based shooter loves the whole process of putting a styled shoot together: planning, visualizing and the joy in the doing of it all.  These images to swoon over are the ultimate result. For me, florals have to be the most important bridal accessory.   I love the thought  that went into matching each and every posy up with the gowns. Congrats to this highly skilled team of wedding pros and thanks for the inspiration.
Here's Maggie's take on how this session was put together: "A few months ago, I reached out to some talented artists I've built relationships with the last few years. Every year I do a handful of sessions to inspire my artistic eye, create some art, and this time I took the opportunity to focus more on a bridal session. A favorite portion of the wedding day that I get to photograph is bridal portraits. With the hustle and bustle of the day, I don't get the opportunity to spend the amount of time that I want photographing the bride. Concetta, a former bride of mine and dress designer, was the first person I  thought of when starting the planning process. The space, florist, model, hair and makeup artist all fell into place.
 I wanted the florals to have a romantic, natural look and feel. The team requested I make a floral crown, which I was really excited about, so I ended up making two! Loving the current trend I'm seeing of lush, flowing, over sized bouquets incorporating lots of draped greenery; so for the bridal gown I designed a bouquet inspired by this trend, incorporating some Juliet garden roses, succulents and Silver Dollar eucalyptus. I kept the colors for this look soft and neutral and the floral hairpiece was a bit more subtle so that it looked as if the model had a few flowers tucked behind her ear. As for the marsala colored bridesmaid’s dress, I fused in some deeper tones of burgundy with accents of pink, peach, champagne, blue and lavender along with a fun mix of flowers including Pink Ice protea, Clooney ranunculus, blue thistle, some mini lotus pods painted gold and other textural blooms. I wanted to add some drama with the floral hairpiece for this look, so it was more of an over sized floral crown made from fully opened garden rose and ranunculus blooms. . . . .
 Makeup/hairArtist vision: Sara (the model) was already a natural beauty. I focused on enhancing her already amazing features & drawing attention to them without overdoing the look or style. I also made attention the colors, textures, florals & all of the other details that went into the look. For example – for the marsala color, I added a little more lash & bolder lip color to go with the moody & artsy feel of the shoot, whereas with the ivory dress I kept everything very soft, fresh and romantic."
CREDITS
Photographer:  Maggie Fortson Photography//Makeup Artist:Carly Does Makeup //Dress Designer:Cettina //Floral Designer:Wallflower Designs//Event Venue:Workshop Chicago //Submitted via Two Bright Lights