Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WILDFLOWERS

This light-filled work by Taralynn Lawton is in a word, stunning.  She got hold of me a few months back about doing an editorial with my gowns.  Paired up with her sort of dream-like photography I pictured earth angels--she pictured the wildflowers picking each bouquet herself enroute the day of the shoot.  The idea of bucolic surroundings alongside some chic gowns we thought could be inspiring to all those brides going for the toned down wedding.  Does the backdrop of trees, a babbling brook and open fields sound like the perfect wedding locale . . . .?
Phaedra
All over tulle dress with angel sleeves and shirred lace bodice.  Skirt is bordered in Chantilly lace.


 Odette
White tulle and chantilly lace dress with shirred tulle bodice has aysemmetrical neckline and handmde silk florals. 


1930s Allover Lace Dress
This is an authentic 1930s vintage gown given to me by a friend who married in 1980 (It was considered vintrage even back then) She thought I might like to cut up and reuse the lace in one of my creations.  I don't think so.  This gown has too much cache with it's cathedral train and Dolman sleeves to become anything other than what it is.  Since it is truly one of it's kind, it stays in my vintage collection intact.  It can however be a reproduced with your own personal touches added . . . . .
Silk Chiffon and charmeuse gown with butterfly sleeves of tea-dyed lace and tulle tie front, accented with a silk dupioni rose. A row of covered buttons closes down the back of the gown. Falls into a sweep train. Easy to wear and as comfortable as a nightgown. Lined in silk charmeuse.
Helena
White Peau d'ange lace bodice with lace trimmed neckline atop a full tulle skirt
CREDITS
Special thanks to Julianne and Justina the hair and make up team.  They always do absolutely stellar work . . .

 .Photography by Taralynn Lawton
Hair by Justina Downs of Intertwine Hair Design

Models: Natalie and Monika

8 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Amazing! x

LILA MOONLIGHT said...

Love the photography and the wild touches : )

Unknown said...

ooooh, the dresses & wildflowers are fabulous! the vintage all-over lace dress really catches my eye.

HiLLjO said...

that allover lace is breathtaking! I love the wildflowers.

FashionJazz said...

These pics are beyond gorgeous!!

My blog has a new address www.fashionjazz.co.za/blog/

Floortje said...

I really love your blog dear!
Keep posting, you do it great!

XO

Grace Community Garden said...

If I were to get married all over again--I'd pick you! Your gowns are so feminine and lovely. From here, I especially love the dress with the butterfly sleeves!

Rudy said...

Vintage is the new modern. ;p