THE BRIDAL BLOUSE

When I first started out as a designer my specialty was very intricate and lacy white blouses reminiscent of Laura Ashley's early work. Because I'd worked as a bridal fabrics buyer I had access and discounts to some of the most beautiful silks and laces in the world. Like a kid in a candy store, I was stoked working alongside Alencon, Chantilly,Schiffli and Valenciennes lace to name just a few. I paired up these frothy creations I made with black velvet and taffeta skirts, making them perfect for evening and gala events. White lace blouse equals bride; brides of course found me out and that's one of the reasons I'm here chatting with you about the advantages of wearing separates on your wedding day. Wear the blouse on your wedding day and pair it up with that black velvet pencil skirt on New Years Eve. This is one of the best ways to go green. A long white tulle or lace skirt can be reworn with a jacket, corset, bustier, sweater . . . oh yes, I could go on and on here detailing the afterlife of your wedding ensemble . . . 
 
Header photo and first two photos: Swiss cotton lace blouse with 3/4-length sleeves and chiffon skirt bordered in lace.
Photo 2: A high necked ivory Chantilly lace blouse worn with a tulle skirt.
Photo 3: Valenciennes lace over blouse with sabrina neckline paired up with a chiffon skirt.

Blouses and skirts by Amy-Jo Tatum