Monday, November 2, 2009

THE DAWN OF THE SHORT FORMAL

When it comes to 1950s retro and bridal, these dresses from Posh Girl Vintage are the real deal. Owning a dress like this means you have something that's made it through the ages. And what an awesome era it was. Most dresses circa the age of Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn are stunning and follow very flattering lines. By mid-fifties tea length was the standard in day dress. The short formal became chic during this time and as a result we have a wealth of memorable bridal dresses like these surviving this era.

5 comments:

Emily Heizer Photography said...

Ahhh, I love it. I am especially keen on the long sleeved one, it's beautiful. I'm all about the short formals. They are just so beautiful and unexpected. I adore them all.

Dee Stephens said...

If I was having a day wedding I would have so wanted one of these! BTW - love the new header!

M said...

Cute! I find these so incredibly difficult to wear, though... feels like they cut your calves in half, somehow.

Unknown said...

These are just too sweet for words! I am such a sucker for vintage dresses from the 50's, and these pure white ones with all the lace and fadangles just have me drooling! Lovely post!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I am drooling over that gorgeous baby pink frock! So lovely.