Tuesday, November 3, 2009

TREND 2010: THE DROP VEIL

click here to enlarge

Hot look for 2010: the drop veil. Add to that the exquisite hair-bling underneath it all and you've got one stunner look going. . . Yes, drop veils are exactly as you see here, actually dropped onto the head in a single layer of tulle or lace, sometimes bordered with lace or ribbon. Generally, more ornamental gowns look best with simple veils, like one layer of tulle whereas all over lace veils or ones edged with wide borders require a simple gown with little adornment. Your dress might have some exquisite back details you want to show off. If this is the case select a try a layer of tulle like that shown in the images here— in a dropped style that doesn’t fall in creases and folds across your back. Tulle is the best fabric for this; it’s transparent enough without being so opaque to fog detail.

8 comments:

SASS said...

Wow! This would be gorgeous with a short dress. Or just for pictures even. Not sure I could pull it off.

P.s. Josie Boo is a pomeranian puppy. I saw one on TV one time and was hooked. They look like they're smiling when their mouths are open! So cute.

Heart's Desire Jewelry said...

Beautifull!!!! I love this look :)

Pip Pip and All That said...

Drop veils are just gorgeous. So modern and elegant!

Laura said...

Just stunning sweetie and I also love your advice about "to wear or not to wear your veil during the reception". You are totally right...you get to be a bride for one day so enjoy it. Have a great weekend!

nataliesudia said...

That's what I had! A wonderful drop veil with pearls in my hair. I loved the way the veil/hair combo made me look on my wedding day!

Anonymous said...

I really like the drop veil look, especially for the reason you pointed out - they don't hang in pleats or gather around too much in any particular area.

What I want to is does the drop veil cover your face for the entire ceremony? Can the front part of the drop veil be shifted back once the bride reaches the altar? And if this is case, then will it look similiar to a two-tier veil? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love drop veil!But i also would like to have my hair down - do you reckon drop veil would look funny with hair down?Thanks

Anonymous said...

That is very helpful. It presented me a number of ideas and I’ll be placing them on my blog eventually. I’m bookmarking your website and I’ll be back. Thank you again!Snapback Hats,Other Hats,Canada Goose Coats