Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A CASTLE WEDDING


Nothing could make me happier than watching one of my brides get married in a picturesque kingdom by the sea. Kalmar Castle in Sweden is the ultimate Once-Upon-a-Time experience for a romantic wedding. Elin chose the 'Mira' dress from my Dioresque Collection to work with the backdrop of her August 15 wedding to Anton. For me, first thoughts of Sweden conjure up toy-village castles and pastel painted facades like this one. These images are by the very talented Stockholm photographer, Erika Gerdemark . With a great deal of instinct and sensitivity she has captured the most important day in Elin and Anton's life together thus far.


Some background on Elin's dress. First of all it was the perfect choice and she looked truly stunning in it. We used the finest fabrics we could despite a very abbreviated turn around time to get the gown done. The fitted Chantilly lace bodice sits a top a gathered skirt made out of yards of silk chiffon. Under that is layers of China silk and taffeta. Above left she is wearing the separate taffeta slip with additional layers of taffeta and crinoline that give the skirt it's shape and volume.




Getting into the gown, Elin already is wearing her lovely headpiece designed by Batcakes Couture



The following photos are all of the portrait session





What I love so much about this image is the way it shows off the ballerina length and volume of this skirt. Paired with the stacked heels it makes for a very beautiful bell-shaped silhouette.


There's nothing more poetic than two people very much in love. Each picture tells it's own story .






 

 
 




















Discovering the work of Erika Gerdemark who so lovingly documented this event was part of the fun. She not only photographs weddings but does portraits and fashion as well. Though she's Stokholm based, her work takes her all over Europe. I have to say, perusing the archives of her blog was inspiring. Few photographers can illustrate the pure joy and elegance of a wedding like she can . . . . For some more inspiration you can check out her site

all photographs copyright © erika gerdemark photography

8 comments:

Emily Heizer Photography said...

WOW!!!! Amy-Jo those are AMAZING! I love it! Not only is the dress phenomenal, but the images showcase it in the best way a photographer could dream! How awesome! This was very exciting and fun for me to look at. I have to tell you I am really disappointed she had a ballerina length gown though... it's what I want and it seems like tea-length and ballerina length gowns are getting really "trendy"! I thought I was going to be special when my turn came! Aw, shucks. Wonderful job, congratulations my dear. :)

Couture Carrie said...

Such a gorgeous collage of photos! Especially love the B&W ones!

xoxox,
CC

Rhian Morris said...

What a beautiful and moving collection of photographs! Congratulations, Amy!

ES Welty said...

Great sense of locale. Makes me want to return to Sweden.

bridechic said...

Definately makes me too want to book a hotel on the Swedish Coast. Very picturesque, I thought in a fairy-tale sort of way . . .

Margarita said...

Amy - you are the best...your bridal gown is stunning! I also love the beautiful photos of what seems like the perfect fairytale wedding. You can tell the bride and groom could not be happier! Thank you so much for forwarding the pics...I would not have wanted to miss them!

nataliesudia said...

You are so talented! That dress is lovely beyond words! What a dreamy wedding.

Grace Community Garden said...

Stunning stunning. stunning.