Tuesday, April 21, 2009

ANOTHER ANNIVERSARY


Today is our anniversary so I'm remembering what it is like to get married . . . here I am with my beloved hubby, Edgar. Years back we married in a nearby seminary that had three stone castles and lent a kind of fairy-tale quality to our real life union. He wore a kilt, I wore a wreath and gown I designed out of 10 yards of imported French lace. The photo is by Hope Stewart, her work very loved and respected here in the San Francisco Bay Area. All her work carries a romantic feel to it--and that was my initial attraction to her. She's retired now but left behind an awesome body of work.

6 comments:

Amanda (vintageglamblog.com) said...

Happy Anniversary! I wish you all the best and a lifetime of happiness with your husband!

Truly Engaging said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary!!

Carol said...

Hope you have a wonderful day.
Happy Anniversary!!

bridechic said...

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes

One Bride with Broom said...

Ohh I love anniversaries! Congratulations to you and your husband!I hope your day was perfect :-)

thischicksgotstyle said...

Thank you for your sweet comment!
I love that your blog is so focussed on bride fashion, you don't often see a blog that is so thematic.

x!