Thursday, March 14, 2013

THINGS TAUPE


The first time I ever laid eyes on the work of iconic fashion photographer Chris Nicholls (header photo and photo 8) I've found some reason to blog about, pin on Pinterest or post this fabulous editorial called, An English Rose.  These magnificent gowns here are probably a shade off actual taupe and more like beige, but golly gee after lighting and retouch they sure fit in beautifully with the taupe palette.  Taupe is a neutral that in my experience pretty much rocks for everyone . . .

CREDITS
Header photo: From An English Rose by Chris Nicholls
Photo 2: Venise Lace Dress by Elie Saab via Tumblr
Photos 3 and 4: Strapless gown by Blanka Matragi/Earrings via Tumblr
Photo 5: Mary Designs at Minas 2012 Trend Preview
Photos 6 and 7:Taupe Hat via Pinterest/Shoes by Christian Louboutain from Nieman Marcus
Photo 8: From An English Rose by Chris Nicholls
Photos 9 and 10: Dress by Amsale from Real Weddings/Taupe Detail via Pinterest
Photo 11: Lace Dress via Tumblr

8 comments:

honey my heart said...

the lace detail in the second photo is really pretty. i like taupe as a color.

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

I think I just found my favorite new color for wedding dresses! Gorgeous post, Amy!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

It's a gorgeous colour, I like it as it's different from white!! xx

Unknown said...

This color is gorgeous and I must have the earrings...I love how fashion has taken a turn with us, introducing nudes and pastels again. This taupe is actually a rather stark contrast to the lighter pallets we see...And I am infatuated.
Perhaps you would be interested in my blog as well. Present an Event, a blog on party planning, weddings and events.
http://www.presentanevent.com/2012/10/tim-back-woods-wedding.html

Thanks!

Natasha Gregson said...

I like this as an alternative option :) It's very pretty!!

www.ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

<3

{The Perfect Palette} said...

lovely!

Chic Delights said...

Amy, taupe is a beautiful alternative to the Bridal whites. Very pretty gowns.

A Very Sweet Blog said...

what a beautiful option. in love with that first dress. i would love to wear taupe for a wedding.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/