Monday, February 4, 2013

URBAN INSPIRED . . .


I'm always on the lookout for novel and cutting edge trends in the bridal arena.  When I found this styled shoot in my box I knew the moment I laid eyes on it, this was something incredible!  Initially inspired by the talented Brooke Avishay of Orange Blossom Special Events, it was shot at the Crewest Gallery in downtown Los Angeles.  This project was further inspired by the abundance of colorful graffiti and street art in Venice and other areas throughout Los Angeles. Said photographer David Zentz of Best Coast Photo "Although derived from street art, we wanted to create a look that at once was edgy and urban, yet modern and sophisticated. . . A top notch team was assembled to bring together all of the elements, which included a custom-made graffiti cake by the amazing Santa Monica's Vanilla Bake Shop."  I'm adoring Tashina Hunter's one-of-a-kind bridal design and styling and how in simpatico our bride and groom are with each other.  The flowers and bouquets here are refreshing and way off the traditional bridal path.  I just have to pass out some well deserved kudos to this talented team of wedding pros for throwing a bit of modern inspiration our way . . . . 






 






Photographer:
Personal Stylist:
Cake Designer:
Hair Stylist:
Equipment Rentals:
Reception Venue:
Event Designer:
 Mr. Caballero Creative

15 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

That is super cool, love all the colours :) x

MOSAMUSE said...

love that this dress is so modern and unique. it pairs well with the artwork!
xo
MOSAMUSE

www.MOSAMUSE.com

Lilli said...

Cool urban wedding shooting!:) The images are very nice!:) Kisses! xo

Bonnie said...

This might be my all-time favorite. I love the urban flavor. The picture with the graffitied background is amazing!

Ashley said...

Totally love this!

A PIECE OF ANNA said...

Hi Beauty! Great blog! I'm your new follower, kisses!

LILA MOONLIGHT said...

Sweet POP touches : )

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

hahaha this is so mdern and cool!!
Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Facebook
Bloglovin'

nancy @ adore to adorn said...

wow this is so cool. I love the urban vibe. That couple is gorgeous too!
xo,
nancy

Sam said...

This has to be my favourite wedding theme ever featured on your blog. LOVE it!

BELULOVE said...

llooooovely blog u have!! amazing and cuteee pics!! may be u wanna follow each other?? kisses

A Very Sweet Blog said...

that is so cool. i love all the big splashes of color. her cake was lovely.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

Fabulously artsy!

Miss fashionmix said...

I really love the idea and this couple is really cute!!! Love bride's look!

Never A Plain Jane said...

This shoot is nothing short of "color me happy!" First I fell in love with the cake, then I saw the closeup of that dress. Amazeballs! Kudos to the original bride (or party-goer) who dons that inspired piece.