Tuesday, February 26, 2013

IT'S ALL AN ILLUSION

 Lately we're seeing the return of sheer, illlusion and lace bodices--something considered once upon a time very traditional in bridal wear. This look is a hark back to the the 1950s when sheer organza or lace was worn up top for coverage--in church you couldn't bare anything back then.  Add in the Summer Wedding Factor when most weddings took place; these fibers were light, airy and breathed well.  Fast forward 2013 and you'll find sheer geniuses like these, recreations as well as genuine vintage pieces.  All are breathtakingly classic and the epitome of elegance . . . 
 
CREDITS
Top Photo: Chantilly lace removable overbodice and gown designed by Sassi Holford via Style Me Pretty
Photo 2: An organza and lace mid-Century vintage original from Recapture/Photo by Y Bowyer Photography
Photos 3-6: Gowns by Stephanie Allin

9 comments:

Natasha Gregson said...

I love this style of dress :) I'd love lace to be featured on my dream wedding dress.

www.ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

<3

Unknown said...

If I could go back & redo my wedding, I would choose an illusion gown. Love the look!

always, koru kate

Kristy said...

I love lace. These dresses are very pretty.

La Petite Frenchie said...

Wow, always so wonderful!! It's awesome!! :)

HighlandFling said...

I love the dark lips for a wedding, it is really unusual, normally girls seem to go for the natural, so the plum really stands out!

E x

Blond Duck said...

I love that last gown with the lace overlay!

Sharon @ Red Poppy | Pink Peony said...

I've always been a big fan of these looks. So elegant!

honey my heart said...

these bodices are so gorgeous. i really like how sexy and subtle they are.

LILA MOONLIGHT said...

Beautiful dresses as always, my favourite is the last one, its simple elegance is perfect! : ) Have a lovely week : )