Wednesday, October 14, 2009

CHRISTINA HENDRICKS GETS HITCHED

One of my favorite actresses was hitched Sunday. Christina Hendricks who plays the sultry Joan Holloway on Mad Men, married fellow actor, Geoffrey Arend at II Buco restaurant in New York City. She told In Style Weddings of the place, "There will be about 70 people. The room is small and romantic and rustic and intimate, like it's in someone's home in Italy. The food is extraordinary—charcuteries, shared platters—very family style."




If you didn't happen to check out the latest In Style Weddings, Christina is modeling an array of gowns from Oscar de la Renta to Watters. And of course Carolina Herrera, her chosen designer. I have to say this gown is totally exquisite with it's lace appliques and multi-layered back bustle. About her gown she said, "It's got a bit of Sophia Loren to it, but really, it's a Christina Hendricks dress."
I've been hoping for a chance to talk about Christina's influence on fashion and here's the most golden opportunity--her wedding day. I like finally seeing someone come onto the scene who isn't Twiggy and can inspire women with a little more flesh to embrace the way they look. Thank you, Christina . . . . .
Photos courtesy of Buzz Net

5 comments:

Hannah said...

I 110% adore Christina, but nfortunately I am not really feelin' the dress bustle or her hair here. Regardless, she looks luminous with happiness and the event itself sounds delightful.

M said...

I never watch Madmen, but I read about Christina in Marie Claire recently and she seems very interesting. It's rare to see someone bigger than a size 4 on primetime TV - I don't necessarily think that is good/bad or whatever, just that it always makes me look twice since I am not used to it.

She looks great in her bridal gown - fantastic choice.

Nina said...

I always love to see brides wearing bold earrings...she looks great!

Lisa said...

i love her veil!

nataliesudia said...

I adore her, her dress, her veil, everything! Oh Mad Men... Oh Christina Hendricks... How do I love thee? Isn't she stunning? Thank you Amy for sharing those pics! I hadn't seen any yet and I was dying too!

Love ya! Great post!