Tuesday, April 10, 2012

ADDING CHARACTER TO YOUR DRESS

  

As a designer the biggest gripe I hear about once a client starts the dress search is, "How come they all look alike?".  Cruise the web and you'll find every variation of strapless mermaid-- a real popular style right now.  For the bride who sees herself in something other than a strapless taffeta realize once you find the right silhouette its just a matter of accessorizing.  Carefully chosen adornments are going to be what makes the dress all about you.   Here a plain white tulle with a surpliced front was topped off with a floppy brimmed hat circled with Daises.  Add a black and white striped bow belt and short white gloves for a garden party look. Stay tuned next week; we'll look at creating another one of a kind variation you won't find anywhere else . . .

16 comments:

Ivana said...

This is such a beautiful and glamorous style! I love the touch of playfulness the flowers add! Amazing design!

xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls

FashionJazz said...

I love the added touch! :) xx

Kristy said...

Nice. This style reminds me of sunshine and Springtime. Choosing the perfect accessories for my wedding dress has become tougher than choosing the dress itself.

Unknown said...

The daisy belt is the perfect touch!

Marcela Gmd said...

Wow ADORABLE!!!!
Have a good week!

Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

Unknown said...

I love this style!..amazing white..M*

Jayson @ Jayson and Rachael Photography said...

Beautiful, I love it! -Jayson and Rachael

Jennifer Fabulous said...

This is ADORABLE!! I've never been to a spring wedding (isn't that weird??) and I really wish I could some time. I think spring outdoor weddings with big puffy dresses (like this beauty) and adorable flowers would be divine...sigh.

Ashley said...

Spectacular! Love the fullness of the skirt.

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

I truly love the idea!!! Very creative!
Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Bloglovin'
Facebook

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Love the belt on this, so pretty. I love bows and stripy fabrics :) She looks precious!! Perfect for the spring time :) xx Hope you had a wonderful Easter too doll, mine was great..lots of chocolate ;)

Style Servings said...

Aaaah how beautiful! I also love the length of the dress!

Monique Radwin said...

The hat and belt really make this dress.

LILA MOONLIGHT said...

I love it. My mom had made a much simpler version of it, with little polka dots ,white on white, when I was getting married, but then the wedding event got bigger so I went for a big gown with tail, I still keep both of them : )

Jelena Zivanovic said...

This is so pretty and original!!!
xoxo
Jelena

Mark said...

Great its amazing i can't believe it.
suit hire