Tuesday, April 10, 2012

ADDING CHARACTER TO YOUR DRESS

  

As a designer the biggest gripe I hear about once a client starts the dress search is, "How come they all look alike?".  Cruise the web and you'll find every variation of strapless mermaid-- a real popular style right now.  For the bride who sees herself in something other than a strapless taffeta realize once you find the right silhouette its just a matter of accessorizing.  Carefully chosen adornments are going to be what makes the dress all about you.   Here a plain white tulle with a surpliced front was topped off with a floppy brimmed hat circled with Daises.  Add a black and white striped bow belt and short white gloves for a garden party look. Stay tuned next week; we'll look at creating another one of a kind variation you won't find anywhere else . . .

16 comments:

Ivana said...

This is such a beautiful and glamorous style! I love the touch of playfulness the flowers add! Amazing design!

xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls

FashionJazz said...

I love the added touch! :) xx

KONABARBIE said...

Nice. This style reminds me of sunshine and Springtime. Choosing the perfect accessories for my wedding dress has become tougher than choosing the dress itself.

Koru Kate {Koru Wedding} said...

The daisy belt is the perfect touch!

Marcela Gmd said...

Wow ADORABLE!!!!
Have a good week!

Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

Marcela Jezkova said...

I love this style!..amazing white..M*

Jayson @ Jayson and Rachael Photography said...

Beautiful, I love it! -Jayson and Rachael

Jennifer Fabulous said...

This is ADORABLE!! I've never been to a spring wedding (isn't that weird??) and I really wish I could some time. I think spring outdoor weddings with big puffy dresses (like this beauty) and adorable flowers would be divine...sigh.

Ashley said...

Spectacular! Love the fullness of the skirt.

Francesca Romana Capizzi said...

I truly love the idea!!! Very creative!
Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Bloglovin'
Facebook

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Love the belt on this, so pretty. I love bows and stripy fabrics :) She looks precious!! Perfect for the spring time :) xx Hope you had a wonderful Easter too doll, mine was great..lots of chocolate ;)

Style Servings said...

Aaaah how beautiful! I also love the length of the dress!

Monique Radwin said...

The hat and belt really make this dress.

Lila Moonlight said...

I love it. My mom had made a much simpler version of it, with little polka dots ,white on white, when I was getting married, but then the wedding event got bigger so I went for a big gown with tail, I still keep both of them : )

*Glam Chameleon* said...

This is so pretty and original!!!
xoxo
Jelena

mike said...

Great its amazing i can't believe it.
suit hire