Thursday, August 18, 2011

BECOMING TO A BRIDESMAID

I'm always on the hunt for off-the-charts bridesmaids dresses.  Or ideas to create them. One of the biggest complaints my clients have is all the BM dresses out there look alike and who's going to wear a pastel blue taffeta dress anywhere after the wedding?  Common kvetch.  So when I find images as gorg as these girls sitting there having ice cream I have to run it by y'all. Aren't these maids pinup cute in their cotton dresses?  Yes, cotton dresses--perfect for summer and destination weddings. Dresses by the way that actually can be worn out somewhere afterwards.  Unfortunately, after a night of hunting down where to buy, I came up with nothing.  Just a lot of other happy Tumblers who agree this picture is swell.  So I did the next best thing and found you the look.  Try these Etsy sites.  They do customize and have dresses in their shops so similar to these I couldn't believe it . . .

16 comments:

Kel said...

I just got asked to be a bridesmaid recently so I'm definitely going to point the bride to etsy!

Lots of love from Sydney,

x Kel

seeing steel magnolias

Natasha said...

yes, they are very cute. best of all, you can wear these lovely bridesmaids dresses even after the wedding. stylish year round... :)

chaoskontrolowany said...

Great photo:)

Winter Wedding said...

Good post. As in wedding bride and grooms are important in the same way bridesmaid is also very important. So selection of their dress, make-up, shoes should be very done very carefully.
Planning a Wedding

THE CHEAP said...

What a wonderful blog you have! It's such a lovely extension of your passion. I've always loved the look of more unique bridal styles than the traditional "David's Bridal" type of look.

I read your bio and seems that you're a writer as well! I'd love to pick your brain a bit!

xx THE CHEAP

Wendy said...

Amy Jo- you have to make these!!! They are darling. I love the idea of these vintage inspired dresses for bridesmaids!! Great find!

FashionJazz said...

Lovely pic! :) xx

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

i have never been a bridesmaid! they look amazing, love the pastel effect!

ediot said...

what a cute photo, one of my best friends are getting married next summer, and i've told her about etsy already, however the problem is that it possibly won't fit in real life..even if you've put the measurements in.
but this is a wonderful blog darling. will check it out more now
x

Fashionistable said...

These ate beautiful vintage inspired dresses. Xxxx

Mónica C. Welton said...

adorable!

Love,
www.chicksinfeathers.co.cc

Bride-onicles said...

Very sweet dresses, I love the vintage idea of the dress.

Jennifer Vance said...

I would wear that pink dress out if I got that as a bridesmaid! :) As well as the shoes.

The Dainty Doll's House said...

Stunning dresses..love them!! Thank you for the comment..I adore dresses, so any great dress pic is good to me, hehe :) I found them just browsing tumblr!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend xx

Baby Invitations said...

Nothing like vintage belted dresses. Great picture.

Our Wedding Hub said...

That's a really lovely photo :-)