Thursday, May 14, 2009

FROM FLAPPER TO FLOWER CHILD: THE ART OF ACCESSORIZING


The great thing about shooting fashion is discovering versatility. Becasue my clients are interested in not only a gown but putting a whole look together, we went for several different moods here--all vintage. We worked each gown into several looks via headpieces and accessories. Boho is one of my favorites and is getting popular for it's ease and femininity as well as an option for the more casual wedding. Adding the head wreath and doffing the shoes gave this beaded chantilly lace chemise a whole new identity.











Here's our Flapper version of the chemise again complete with a floral headband for all you lovers of vintage and Art Deco . . . .


Another adaption of 'Summer of Love'. Again we have a simple gown with a wreath and bare feet

Same gown, we amped the glam factor to 1940s chic with long gloves and a trio of cage veils.





























Makeup and Hair by Cristal Saville

6 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

I'm not into the boho chic at the top but love the 40's look! just love the birdcage veils!
gosh -- if only I could get engaged soon! ;)

Natalie said...

I wish they'd have taken full body images of me too... then I could have been a part of this. :)

Gosh, I love all of you gowns and headpieces! So fun, so boho, so chic!

Cyn said...

Love the birdcage veil second from the bottom. I wish I could find one that falls like that. One that gathers in the right place to wear a low ponytail or bun.

Steph said...

I so wish I wore a birdcage Veil when I got Married, they are beautiful. Thank you for the comments too!

natasha said...

i make tiaras and headbands in a similar style but with glass beads which sweep across the face - have a look at www.natashajane.co.uk see what you think?

Shawn said...

Love all of this. We had the wedding, but am already finding ideas for our renewal ceremony...Beautiful!