THE GARDEN PARTY WEDDING

 I incorporated some of my fave photos of all time for this post.  After all, anyone who knows me knows garden parties and tea time have to be my number one wedding theme.  Once upon a time when I was a tyke, I thought garden weddings were actually held in gardens amid rose bushes and dark soil.  Once I was old enough to catch on, the garden weddings I saw were on TV in old movies in black and white. Dated flicks aside, these afternoon socials aka garden parties were big in the 1920s-30s.  Think Jay Gatsby and Katherine Hepburn. Fast forward to my designer years and I see just what you do here: the beauty of green and the vivid colors of florals, vintage fashion and all-around elegance.

The Details: Garden wedding fashion is ripe for any kind of hat, the wider the brim, the more drama.  Gloves and pouf veils are sweet touches--anything that adds romance goes. Florals on gowns and lots of wispy fabrics or lace add to the play.  Tables are set up outdoors and elegant like the ones above.  The  Chippendale chairs and Regency table add that old-time feel.  Heaps of roses, peonies and greenery paired with teacups make a great statement at garden weddings.

CREDITS
Photo 1: The Cabbage rose picture hat-Greystar Pictures/// Photo 2: Dress with floral train--Pixamage///Photo 3: Bride in wide-brimmed hat--Photo Chic//Photos 4 and 5: Table settings--Winter Tree Studios///Photo 6: Bride in fly-away veil--Pixamige///Photo 7: Bride in rose garden--Jim Vetter Photography//Photo 8: Bride in a field of green--Erica Garlieb Photography//Photo 9: Bride holding a tea cup--Jim Vetter Photography///Photo 10: Head pouf--Photo Chic///Photo 11:Table Setting--Alix Art and Photography