Friday, January 4, 2013

MOM CHIC

Only recently has wedding wear for moms achieved any semblence of chic.  I remember a time (80s-90s) when they couldn't find a damn thing out there that didn't make them look like an old matron from a forties flick.  Fast forward 2013.  Come on now, judging by these images these model/moms look more like your beautiful big sis than even the hippest, fiercest momster.  But I do enjoy these picks from Brides UK offering up capsule collections just for mom.  Any one of these ensembles could be reworn to an art opening or gala.  Another thought here: Brides who don't like the "all dressed in white" factor might consider some of these looks.  I mean, do you really have to be an older bride to dress mature . . . . .?  What are your thoughts on this?

15 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

These are gorgeous & a real step up from what mothers usually wear, which makes them look old and worn out, haha. But, I love these :) Happy Friday doll xx

Chicago Chic said...

These looks are absolutely perfect for mother. I adore the first one especially, so classy.

Lilli said...

They are all so classy and chic! Beautiful style! Kisses! xo

the chilicool said...

Very elegant dresses!!

Alessia
THE CHILI COOL
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE

A Very Sweet Blog said...

These are AWESOME! They've come a loooooongggggg way! hahahaha
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Giulia said...

wow these dress look amazing! i am a new follower wanna follow back on gfc? i would be very happy!!!giulia
thefashionmamas.com

Claire said...

beautiful! love the fuchsia!

Sam said...

The pink looks have caught my eye, I think they are very elegant looks, perfect for stylish mums!

Cafe Fashionista said...

I LOVE the Condici pinks! :)

Jelena Zivanovic said...

Tres chic!:)
Happy New Year dear, my best wishes!!! <3

StylishByNature said...

I want these dresses in my life now :)

Giveaway- 10 Lucky winners win Gift Hampers worth INR 1000 (each) !!
❤ StylishByNature.com

margaret cruzemark said...

I wish my mom would look as chic as these ladies. Great outfits.
Best Regards
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Oooh those pink fascinator hats are adorable!!! Love it:)

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

So stylish and elegant! Great selection. :-)

Never A Plain Jane said...

A lot of these have a very Kate Middleton feel. Bravo!