Thursday, March 8, 2012

TULLE-ING AROUND

In my experience working with brides I find they either totally love tulle or absolutely can't stand it.  I ask you though, what could be more bridal than a cloud of soft tulle?  Defined, tulle is that fine mesh netting with a hexagonal pattern that comes in silk, cotton, nylon or acrylic silk for power netting.  Tulle, aka illusion, is familiar because its the standard material for bridal veils.  Did you know it also comes in lighter versions and is used in bouffant skirts?  The ones here give off that romantic look evoking ballerinas and Boho princesses.
 Above the skirt is made of silk tulle with a Chantilly lace bodice.  A matching pouf of tulle is worn to the side of the head . . .
 Ahhhhhh! The many uses of tulle.  Above is a tulle A-line strapless dappled in organza roses with a matching tulle wrap.  Below: Perfect for spring! A tulle picture hat dappled with silk florals
All gowns and headpieces by Amy-Jo Tatum Bride
Photos copyright by Bride Chic
Models: Jocelyn, Tracey, Natalie and Brooke

17 comments:

Beauty Follower said...

I love tulle!
Like the 3ed gown, so chic.

Thanks for passing by my blog!

www.beautyfollower.blogspot.com

Y además sombreros said...

El segundo vestido me parece maravilloso.
Besos.

MosaMuse said...

very beautiful, elegant, and soft!
xo
MosaMuse

MosaMuse.blogspot.com

Cafe Fashionista said...

I LOVE tulle on wedding gowns - gorgeous! :)

Alba said...

Thank you for your comment :)

Those dresses are so lovely!

http://voguesweetvogue.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I love the dresses and the pictures, so beautiful and elegant!

little luxury list said...

Silk tulle is the best! My veil was silk tulle and had the most beautiful draping!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Miss Psycho Cat said...

These are gorgeous, so romantic :)
Thank you for visit and lovely comment.

Miss Psycho Cat said...

These are gorgeous, so romantic :)
Thank you for visit and lovely comment.

Silvia Negretti said...

Love tulle!
These dresses are dreamy, so beautiful and romantic!
xxx
S
http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful blog! These gowns are gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Beautiful. I love tulle too.

Chicago Chic said...

Tulle is so feminine and just so lovely. Gorgeous gowns!

xRachel

Johanna said...

Who doesn't love tulle...I mean, really?

Head to Toe Chic said...

That first dress is so pretty!!

xo,
Angela
headtotoechic.blogspot.com

Gillie said...

Gorgeous dresses, very fanciful!

xo Gillie

chris said...

Hello
A visit to your blog on this Sunday
And I hope you enjoy this day off.
I am not present on the internet right now, I am dedicated to updates directory that takes a certain extent.
Your blog is always so beautiful.
A very soon, I wish you a great day!
Regards
Chris

My little gift
http://nsm01.casimages.com/img/2009/05/19/090519080136505743688116.jpg