Wednesday, July 6, 2011

WHAT'S NEW IN THE GOWN GALLERY?

Designing dresses can be a lot like writing a story. The elements of that design are screaming to be created and won't let you rest till you sew the last button on and stitch the last of the hem.  The finished dress needs to have charachter and be just a little different.  In this case, everything about the Madelyn Dress is different.  I saw it in my head with a rosy-beige lining underneath all those layers of tulle so I knew the tulle had to be tea-dyed to correspond.  The bodice is adorned in cutout lace motifs with shirred and pleated tulle over it.  The hook and eye fasteners down the back replace the traditional button closure to give it that vintage look with a contemporary twist.  Then I pulled this whole back story together with a tulle sash . . .
I've always loved square necklines which you don't see a whole lot of in bridal these days.  Like the scoop neckline, a square will show off a beautiful decolletage.  I accented the shoulders with white organza bows and small hydrangeas.  The Madelyn Dress is available on Etsy and can be customized.

These images are part of the up and coming editorial, Living Accessories
Bouquet by Victoria's Florals
Model: Rocio Flores
Photos copyright Bride Chic 2011

3 comments:

Wedding Flowers Co said...

Some say simple is better... this applies for the bouquet, simple flowers... excellent look!

Monique Radwin said...

OMG What a gorgeous dress.

Tina @ wedding favors said...

I love it so much. I must wear them. :)