Thursday, April 22, 2010

SHOES IN HUES

In the last couple years brides have broken tradition on all fronts of wedding fashion, accessorizing included. In my own experience working with brides, it started when dresses with touches of color came into play. With that purple sash, red corded collar or black lace overlay, some clients wanted to experiment with picking up some of the color. Now it's caught on and even brides all dressed in white from veil to hem are sporting green, blue, red or yellow shoes under their gown. Actually I'm not certain this is a passing trend so much as tradition broken. White pumps and sandals with white gowns will always be with us. Now though, so will any shoe in any color that works under your gown . . .












3 comments:

Emily Heizer Photography said...

I love shoes! Shoes are awesome! I probably have close to 100 pairs of heels. Eeek! Did I just admit to that? lol

To answer your question: I got my damask backdrop at a regular ole fabric store. I don't think I got it at JoAnn's, I believe it was at a quilting store in Provo, Ut, however you should be able to find that print very easily online, or in another quilting shop. It just a few yards of fabric and I haul it around with me everywhere for sessions. :)

Emily
http://www.eheizerphotography.blogspot.com

bridechic said...

Thanks Em! You are a lifesaver!

Anonymous said...

As a gift for my female guests I had a pair of footzyrolls for each. It was a success! We took off our painful heels, put on the flats, and danced like crazy! http://footzyrolls.com/ The best part is that is a gift that they will keep using.