Monday, August 10, 2015

THE WEDDING BLOUSE

The blouses are back by way of special order!  That's right, when I first started out as a designer my specialty was very intricate and lacy white blouses reminiscent of Laura Ashley's early work. Because I'd worked as a bridal fabrics buyer I had access and discounts to some of the most beautiful silks and laces in the world. Like a kid in a candy store, I was stoked working alongside Alencon, Chantilly,Schiffli and Valenciennes lace to name just a few. I paired up these frothy creations I made with black velvet and taffeta skirts, making them perfect for evening and gala events. White lace blouse equals bride; brides of course found me out and that's one of the reasons I'm here chatting with you about the advantages of wearing separates on your wedding day. Wear the blouse on your wedding day and pair it up with that black velvet pencil skirt on New Years Eve. This is one of the best ways to go green. A long white tulle or lace skirt can be reworn with a jacket, corset, bustier, sweater . . . oh yes, I could go on and on here detailing the afterlife of your wedding ensemble . . . 
ABOVE: Venice lace and chiffon blouse with deep V-neck and bustier .  Has some real turn of the 20th Century charm.  BELOW: The sheer chiffon kimono blouse with Chantilly lace camisole.  The billowing sleeves really make this blouse unique.
ABOVE:An allover Chantilly stretch lace blouse with form-fitting sleeves.  BELOW: Swiss cotton lace midriff blouse with 3/4 length sleeves
All blouses by Amy-Jo Tatum

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Stunning!

Studio Vaibhava said...

nice pictures, studiovaibhava a leading Wedding photographers in Bangalore. We capture your wedding moments and make it to be a life moment. Best wedding photographers in Bangalore. Explore into Wedding photography Bangalore

Unknown said...

The first dress and its blouse especially is the most amazing ever!

Charleston Wedding Videographer said...

Absolutely stunning!