Thursday, May 16, 2013

POINT D'ESPRIT


God, I love it!!!!!!!!! Regaining popularity lately, Point d'esprit aka Dotted Swiss is probably as old as any lace or weave there is out there. It was first made on looms in Switzerland circa 1750.  As a weave or lace, it's made up entirely of evenly spaced dots.  As a heavy weave dotted swiss is typically cotton.  On fine mesh or tulle it is commonly known as Point d'esprit.  Also lovely on veils and netting for hats....

 
CREDITS
Photo 1: Asymmetrical Dress by Carmen Marc Valvo
Photo 2: Veil by Rosa Clara
Photo 3:  Point d'esprit lace dress via Vogue Espana
Photos 4 and 5: Chiffon gown from Jasmine Bridal worn over vintage dotted swiss dress/Large dotted swiss on dress via Tumblr
Photos 6 and 7: Jesus Peiro        

14 comments:

Kim Alston said...

It IS lovely! I really like that 2nd to last picture. Exquisite bodice.

The Dainty Dolls House said...

So in love with these photos, adore the dresses. Especially the one of the girl sitting by the lavender, stunning!! Hope your having a wonderful week dear xx

Lilli said...

Wow, love it! As well as the gowns you shared, gorgeous!:) xo

Style, via Tia said...

Oh my this is gorg. I adore the second photo.

Stylish By Nature said...

Stunning !!

❤ StylishByNature.com

Kate Sullivan Corpuz said...

Gorgeous, especially the second photo!

always, koru kate

Wendy said...

Love this! Now I wanna married ;-)

I have a nice giveaway up on the blog (Vogue T-shirt)
http://fabulousstylews.blogspot.com

XxX

Antonella C'est moi said...

amazing!!!kisses
LA MODE OUI C'EST MOI
FACEBOOK
BLOGLOVIN
TWITTER

Sam said...

Because I am not a huge fan of dots, i am going to have to remain slightly resistant about this trend. Thanks for taking the time to drop by :) Happy Friday!

MOSAMUSE said...

very sweet photos!
xo
MOSAMUSE

www.MOSAMUSE.com

Ashley said...

These are so super chic!

Fabrizia said...

Wow, so elegant and refined!
Come back soon to visit me on Cosa Mi Metto???
Win 70 € to spend at Asos!!

S said...

Amazing images, so refined and delicate!
xxx
S
http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

Lila Moonlight said...

I love these too, dots are so clasically chis, very a la Audrey : ) My mom made me a skirt and top in this pattern, of course white. I love the 2nd pix from top and bottom : ) Have a lovely Sunday : )