Monday, August 20, 2012

FRENCH INSPIRED VINEYARD SHOOT



What a treat I have for you today. Once this stylized shoot came through my inbox without hesitation I jumped at the chance to get it out there.  Envisioned by the photographer, Zlata Modeen, right down to the one-off bridal gown and original styling details, here's how she brought all this inspiring beauty to reality. Zlata says: 'It all started with a dream- one night I woke up at 2 a.m. and started drawing sketches of the dress, the veil, the location, the set up. Few months and lots of sleepless nights later all my ideas came together in one beautiful shoot. I wanted to use a fresh and timeless white and green palette, vintage lace gown, puffy veil and a classic looking bride.  I also wanted a vineyard- even though I haven't heard of one in existence in Northern Minnesota. Then one day I was visiting a friend's house and had a conversation with her mom who just happened to have planted a new experimental vineyard in Barnum, Minnesota- the only one in our area. I had to ask her if I could do a shoot there. Cheryl graciously agreed. I was looking for a couple that would convey the sense of love that's fresh and innocent. I used elements like twine, brown craft paper, burlap and lace for styling. Our wonderful baker came up with the macaroon cake idea and other traditional french desserts. I have to say a few words about the models: Maddy is professional ballerina full of grace and AJ just looks like he stepped out of the 1950's movie. I couldn't have asked for anything better.'


CREDITS
Florals by Melissa Heynedricks of Little Orange Flower
Cake by Eileen Brown of How Sweet It Is
Hair by Jeanette Armstrong of Elyslum Salon
Headpiece, veil and DIY Dress by Deb Shops
Furnishings by Open Window Boutique
















 








Via Two Bright Lights

12 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Love this the most...perfect!! Adore that dress :)))) Wish you a wonderful week :) x

Ashley said...

Just beautiful!

Lilli said...

so gorgeus!!! really romantic:) xoxo

Bonnie said...

These two make the perfect models. They are fantastic at posing.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous couple and amazing pics!
Love his bow tie!

xoxox,
CC

Be Inspired! - Susa said...

So Français... I love it. And I know my Frenchie stuff;)

the chilicool said...

So romantic , feels like a fairy tale !!!

Alessia
THE CHILI COOL
FACEBOOK

MOSAMUSE said...

i love that his suit is brown! and th ebow tie is nice!
xo
MOSAMUSE

www.MOSAMUSE.com

A Very Sweet Blog said...

These pics are SO CHARMING! The models look like dolls. Their eyes just pierce you. Fantabulous!!!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

The Select & Cy said...

It's very cute moment! :)

Kayleesbridal said...

Sweet love lol

Brandon Burk Photography said...

Love the image of the bow tie by itself.