Tuesday, November 8, 2011

GREAT LENGTHS

St. Pucchi
Do you know the difference between tea-length and ballerina length? Short or mini? Here are some images to inspire you along to finding your perfect hemline. . . .

FLOOR-LENGTH

Sassi Holford
Most common length for bridal gowns, this hemline is graceful and elegant; typically not touching the floor in front but 1-3" above for ease with walking.

BALLERINA

Amy-Jo Tatum
Photo by Stephanie Williams Photography
Ballerina-length skirts fall just above the ankle and are wide and full just like the skirts seen in the corps de ballet.

TEA-LENGTH


Falls mid-calf and can be either full and volumonous or fitted. Mostly worn at the informal or semi -formal wedding.

KNEE-LENGTH

Peter Langner

This style of skirt finishes just below or above the knee. A very flattering length, it's perfect for cocktail and the less formal civil-style wedding.

MINI
Jenny Packham

A whimsical and playful , this skirt sports a certain radical chic first worn in the 1960s. Perfect for a cocktail wedding or a bride with great legs.

ASYMMETRICAL

click to enlarge


GRADUATED

Hemline is short in front and generally extended into a train in back.

15 comments:

HiLLjO said...

graduated is my favorite. I looked for a hi lo hem dress but had no luck about a year ago. Oh well!

Gina said...

So many beautiful dresses - no matter the length! This a very clear (and lovely) example of different length options.

Never A Plain Jane said...

I am embarrassed to admit that I thought tea-length and ballerina length were the same. I hang my head in shame. I guess I'll go look at more pretty photos on your blog to help cheer myself up!

Clara Turbay said...

Love it all. Please take some time to check out
http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

Punctuation Mark said...

i love the beautiful detailing on these dresses!

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous dresses!
Love that Jenny Packham!

xoxox,
CC

Francesca R said...

Floor lenght! I couldn't imagine anything else...I a bit old style I know....

Best Wedding Songs said...

i love them all

Pratishtha Durga said...

I love this post. I can admit easily this gave me a lot of insights. Thanks for your comment on my blog too. I am a sucker for elaborate breakfasts.

Am following you now.

Anonymous said...

Nice dress.......our dressing sense and our dress are the first by which one could get attracted towards us ....And for bride this is most important and precious....you can get your dress designing and your wedding organized beautifully through country house wedding venues

aaron john said...

Nice dress.......your dressing sense and your dress are the first by which someone get attracted towards you ....And for bride this is most important and precious....you can get your dress designing and your wedding organized beautifully through country house wedding venues

Angels Wear Prada said...

Nice blog, and I love those dresses! We're following you!

Leah said...

The polka dot dress is so cute!

xo L.

Em said...

I want a full-length gown for my wedding (I'm only sixteen but already planning it). However, my favorite here is the tea-length one! It's absolutely adorable! The asymmetrical one is stunning too.

xoxo
Emily

Natasha said...

Max Chaoul - sexy
Jenny Packham - bold and eye-catching
Peter Langner - don't like it :(
Candy Anthony - hopelessly romantic (just like me)
Sassi Holford - perfect!