Friday, March 12, 2010

THE SHORT DRESS BRIDE

Gambettes
The very first wedding I ever went to was my aunt's. She was married in 1963 in a short dress--because--as all the grown-ups told me, the family couldn't afford a big to-do ergo big dress with a train! Today these little dresses would go well for a big or small to-do. I'm finding some brides simply love the short dresses and are going for them on their wedding day just because they are easy to wear and sexy . . . . Also 'the little white dress' is part of the new bridal wardrobe concept: a collection of dresses for the pre-post wedding activities like shower, rehearsal dinner, and reception. Oh, and I forgot, the engagement party. Any of the above would rock and pop when you announce your upcoming nuptials to the world . . .

2 comments:

Gina said...

I'm one of the brides who will be wearing a short dress this September. "Easy and Sexy," so true!

Cyn said...

Loving the frock top right