Tuesday, March 31, 2009

PINK THINK

A little imagination goes a long way. Such is the pairing of custom design on the stunning Natalie Angela who saw this cloud of soft pink organza in her mind and went on the hunt for a pattern and fabric. The 1957 Butterick pattern below was her inspiration point. I love these vintage patterns and buy them often just to check out the dart and seam lines of the day (yes, they were slightly different back then).

The 'Pink Photos' as I call them were taken by San Francisco photographer, John Carmen whose work captures a scope of real and true detail.


Yes, the styles in the pattern below remind me of something worn by January Jones on Mad Men, my favorite show.

2 comments:

christine@modern romance said...

Love this! So funny because I am working on a dress right now based on this pattern!!

Monique said...

Gorgeous!