THE OVER BLOUSE: A GREAT WAY TO GO GREEN

 Some of my clients these days have added an over blouse atop the dress instead of the shrug or bolero.  I've always adored the the look of a blouse and skirt bride.   The blouse is worn over a strapless or sleeveless dress and the advantage of wearing one is that it creates two different looks.  When I first started out as a designer my specialty was very intricate and lacy white blouses reminiscent of Laura Ashley's early work. Because I'd worked as a bridal fabrics buyer I had access and discounts to some of the most beautiful silks and laces in the world. Like a kid in a candy store, I was stoked working alongside Alencon, Chantilly,Schiffli and Valenciennes lace to name just a few. I paired up these frothy creations I made with black velvet and taffeta skirts, making them perfect for evening and gala events. White lace blouse equals bride; brides of course found me out and that's one of the reasons I'm here chatting with you about the advantages of wearing separates on your wedding day. Wear the blouse on your wedding day and pair it up with that black velvet pencil skirt on New Years Eve. This is one of the best ways to go green. A long white tulle or lace skirt can be reworn with a jacket, corset, bustier, sweater . . . oh yes, I could go on and on here detailing the afterlife of your wedding ensemble . . . 
CREDITS
Photo 1: The GEORGETTE V-back lace over blouse //Photo by Jim Vetter Photography
Photo 2-3: The Swiss Cotton Lace Over Blouse //Photo by Jim Vetter Photography
Photo 4: The GEORGETTE Dress 
Photo 5: Ivory Lace Over Blouse//Photo by Pixamage
Photo 6: White Lace Blouse with Jabot

 All dresses,blouses and head chic by Amy-Jo Tatum