Thursday, June 2, 2011

THE GAUNTLET

Just look at what Claire Pettibone and Yours Truly are up to this season! Gauntlets---those goth/vintage/edgy hybrids between sleeve and glove. If you're looking for a two-way dress, this concept is ideal. Defined, a gauntlet glove typically extends from the elbow (sometimes all the way to the shoulder) to the wrist, leaving hand and fingers exposed. Often brides love this formality for the ceremony--making the ring exchange a cinch.. As you probably guessed, gauntlets can also be removed come reception time . . . . How are you liking (or disliking) gauntlets?


8 comments:

Wendy said...

Typically, not my thing. but, these are gorgeous and very tasteful! I could grow to like them if you are making the gown!

Monique Radwin said...

I like the Goth feel to gauntlets, but I'd probably never wear them. These dresses are so romantic though.

TruLu Couture said...

I love them! I made a pair myself but haven't had them photographed yet.

getrealweddins.com said...

I love these dresses...definitely something different from the old plain boring strapless dresses.

jacin {lovely little details} said...

wow - something i never would have thought to try, but now that i see it, i'm liking it!

Corinna said...

I'm loving Claire Pettibone at the moment and her dresses have me coming back for more!

Sherry said...

Love that first dress!! And I love her hair do too!!

http://sweetandsassy-sherry.blogspot.com/

Robbin Montero said...

I would love to see them make a come back!

Robbin Montero
A Dream Wedding