Tuesday, May 31, 2011

RECLAIMED


Can you believe there's a designer out there who makes these dream dresses totally out of upcycled materials?  That means salvaged and reclaimed stuff that's about as green friendly as you can get.  Tawny Holt of Armour sans Anguish creates beauty from what might be considered by some as cast offs.  Contemporary and a bit Boho all at once, her dresses are just the thing for those weddings with character or country-rustic theme.  I love all these gems, each so unique. Tawny's Etsy shop has more to look at. 

9 comments:

Lilian Harlow said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and I'm so glad to have found yours! It's beautiful.

I'm officially in love with the last dress featured here, it's so beautiful!

http://dearlybeloveddiary.blogspot.com/

dresses for girls said...

wow!!
lovely dresses.
Loved them!!

Emily Heizer Photography said...

Beautiful images. I love the location in the first shot. I wonder where that was!

All the dresses are gorgeous too, and I LOVE the concept of upcycling! I'm currently trying to figure out a way to upcycle some lovely solid colpred tshirts that got a few tiny holes in them a bit sooner than I anticipated. Surely there is something clever I can do with them!

Anonymous said...

These are very cool! I have never seen bridal dresses like these before but I am a fan! Too many dresses out there that are just bland looking and strapless!

Spun Sugar Suite said...

These are sensational! I love the unique details, there is something extra special and beautiful about these dresses.

Alicia@CharityWedding said...

I love the idea of creating something new and gorgeous out of old things! Those Maid's dresses are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

The first dress is absolutely gorgeous. It looks laid-back but still chic. Love it!

Bridal Affairs said...

I want them all!!! The butterfly is my favorite. So pretty!

Karla said...

Love love the last two photographs! When I get married again" I will have those! haha