Thursday, October 4, 2012

THE LITTLE WHITE DRESS

 The very first wedding I ever went to was my aunt's. She was married in 1963 in a short dress--because--as all the grown-ups told me, the family couldn't afford a big to-do ergo big dress with a train and the works! Today these little dresses would go well for a big or small to-do. I'm finding some brides simply love the short dresses and are going for them because they are easy to wear and sexy . . . . Also 'the little white dress' is part of the new bridal wardrobe concept: a collection of dresses for the pre-post wedding activities like shower, rehearsal dinner, and reception. Oh, and I forgot, the engagement party. Any of the above would rock and pop when you announce your upcoming nuptials to the world . . .

 




Credits
Photo 4, 5 & 6: The Little White Dress

14 comments:

Mimi said...

i love dress #3! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
LensVillage Giveaway

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Stunning x

miss b said...

These are all lovely. The first short dress I had seen was at a wedding we went to in Spring last year - a gorgeous fifties style.
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

Wedding Checklist said...

All dresses are very Beautiful and awesome
i like all dresses...

Kristy said...

I'm getting married Saturday and am wearing a long dress for the ceremony and changing into a short dress before we have our first dance. I'm a little nervous because it is a very short, tight dress. I have my mom, her friend, my bridesmaid and my fiance on stand by to help me zip it up that day!

EL BLOG DE JESS said...

Ah pues sí!!! las novias de corto están guapísimasssssssssss, un besazo guapaaaaaaaaa

Koru Kate {Koru Wedding} said...

Little white dresses are so sassy & fun!

Serena Secco said...

How can a woman choose between so many wonderful designs? **
New follower!
I LOVE this magic word!
A loser like me

Blond Duck said...

I love those short and sassy dresses!

Allen J. said...

I love these because they are unique and different. Cool to see.

abid akram said...

Beautiful photo!! Love the perspective. Gorgeous model. The dress is stunning too.


jaipur wedding planners

Kim (A Very Sweet Blog) said...

My mom had a short dress! I love the second and last one. I also adore tea length dresses.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Brandon said...

Love the blurred flowers in the top image.

Beautiful Girl said...

it's great! hoping you can find your short prom dresse here! this season is definitely fantastic to try this kind.